FEASIBILITY AND DETAILED DESIGN AND WORK SUPERVISION FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION / REHABILITATION OF THE MOYAMBA-MOYAMBA JUNCTION ROAD AND BRIDGES IN SIERRA LEONE
Country: Sierra Leone
Period: 2011 – ongoing
Funding: European Commission
The project concerns the re-construction of an all-weather road link of 33.6 km in Sierra Leone, with the aim of opening the South-East area of the country to an easy access toward the Capital area and markets, with an evident uplifting of the region economic and social condition. The project also includes the reconstruction of new 2-lane Gbangbama, Mabang and Mabgele Bridges assuring the same standard of Class 1 roads and increasing safety. The objective of the project is to enhance the road transport infrastructure in Sierra Leone by providing support to the current rehabilitation and upgrading process and to uplift and improve the road communication system.
ambiente spa is partner of a joint venture leaded by Politecnica.
- Formulation study, including feasibility study and detailed design
- Implementation of a Management Information System
- Sampling activities of environmental matrices (air, soil and subsoil, water and groundwater) and analysis of samples collected
- Verify that all works are carried out in compliance with the technical specifications
- Monitoring of the environment protection
- Monitoring the implementation of the Environmental Management Plan
- Design and monitoring of HIV/AIDS awareness campaigns