DEVELOPMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT ELABORATE AND UPDATE OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT OF THE SHIPYARD “BIJELA”
Funding: World Bank
The overall objective of the project is to develop an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) elaborate and update the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIAs) and Environmental Management Plan (EMP) of the planned remediation activities in Adriatic Shipyard “Bijela”, under the “Industrial Waste Management and Clean-up Project” (IWMCP), funded by the World Bank. The purposes of this project are as follows:
- To determine the environmental baseline condition of site(s) and their corresponding region (micro and macro location) for remediation activities discussed in the Detailed design;
- Assess the likely impact that the option (and the alternatives) for investment proposed by the Detailed design may have on the environment of the site and their corresponding region and public health;
- Identify and estimate cost related mitigation measures and monitoring activities;
- Consult the public and main stakeholders in relation with the project benefits and the related environmental and social issues.
- Updated ESIA and EMP for Bijela Shipyard, including the outputs from the first public meeting (output A)