Saudi Arabia “Landbridge” Project
The Saudi Landbridge Railway Project involves the construction of approximately 1284 Km of double line between Jeddah-(Riyadh) – Al Jubail.
The Scope of Work of the environmental tasks is the execution of environmental studies for the implementation of the Preliminary and Detail Design of Saudi Landbridge Project Sector 2 between chainage km 271 and Jubail/Dammam area.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has the intention to upgrade and expand its railway system through several projects collectively known as the “Saudi Railway Expansion Project”.
The Saudi Railway Expansion Project includes the following milestones:
- A New railway line connecting Riyadh with Haditha buffer region on Jordanian boundary passing through Majmah, Qassim, Hail, Al-Jouf and Al-Qurayyat;
- Upgrading the existing 449 km passenger line running between Dammam and Riyadh;
- Construction of approximately 115 km of new line between Dammam and Jubail;
- A new rail link across the country known as the Saudi Landbridge Project which includes:
- Construction of approximately 1300 km new line between Jeddah and Jubail;
- Integration of the new lines with Jeddah Islamic Port, King Abdul Aziz Port (Dammam), Riyadh Dry Port and King Fahad Industrial Port and Commercial Port (Jubail).
- Construction of a railway linking Makkah, Jeddah, Madinah and Yanbu cities.
The Saudi Landbridge Project has been designed to expand the existing rail network and transform the existing Railway into a world-class freight and passenger line linking the east and west coasts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). It will provide a capability to move large quantities of cargo over long distances at competitive rates and offer safe and comfortable overland passenger transport.
2015 – 2016